I was in the shower the other morning and I thought of this. I thought I would share. This is for those of you wives and moms out there. If you don't have kids here is a little peek into what your life will be like when you do.Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom more than anything in the world and wouldn't change it if I could. So anyway, I was in the shower and realized how nice it was to have a shower ALONE. It was wonderful. Then it got me thinking of how different my sweet life is with my little ones. Here is a few of examples of what to take advantage of before you have kids. Those of you who have kids know exactly what I am talking about...
1. Taking a shower alone. (like I said) Without kids at your ankles playing with toys, trying not to step on them or the kids standing outside the shower door begging to join.
2. Taking naps. I always think of this on Sundays when my twin sis is taking a nap. I think aawww those were the days! I always tell her to enjoy it while it lasts.
3. Sleeping through the night. For me the last few years, this is how most of my nights go... either I have a newborn who eats every hour and a half, a child who keeps having nightmares and gets in my bed because she's so freaked out and then moves around and kicks me all night, or I am pregnant and pee 50 times a night. Love it!!
4. Grocery shopping. My kids love to stick their arms out of the cart a knock things off the shelf. Or add things to the cart that I don't even know are there.After I go I think to myself, Why do I ever do this alone....
5. Having a clean house. I clean one room, go to the next room and clean it, when I come back to the 1st room I cleaned its destroyed once again.
6. Getting ready in 45 minutes. Now I have to plan at least 2 hours in advance and I am usually still late.
7. Using the restroom... I rarely use the bathroom alone. 90% of the time my girls are on my lap or next to me just talking away. As I walk to the bathroom I hear their little feet pitter patter right behind me. I know someday I will miss this.
8. Going to lunch or dinner. Ryann does alright now but it's Bentlees turn to do the dirty work. Bentlee loves to hear herself scream this high pitched scream and EVERY time we are at a restaurant she does it just about the whole time. They also make a HUGE mess. I feel bad for the people who have to clean up after us. I always have to apologize to them. You would think this would keep us from going but it doesn't. Although every time we go we say "why did we do that again"
I just want my girls to know how much I love them and love how crazy they make my life. I love waking up to their smiling faces every morning no matter how tired I am. They make my life complete and I have no idea where I would be without them. I know someday I am going to miss every little part of all these things I have talked about. They are already growing up way too fast. Cherish every second you have with your kids even the times that make you a little nutty. I love you girls! You will be my babies forever!!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Taking advantage...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
So true! I love the little moments, even if it's when your hidding in the pantry to eat a cookie with out having to share it! Those cookies taste the best!
Post a Comment