Saturday, November 22, 2008

My baby is not a baby

So I am a little sad at the moment.Ryann is sleeping in her big girl bed for the first time.I was so excited to get her in her new bed but when Chase was taking her crib down it broke my heart a little. And then when he put her new bed up it killed me.She looks so little to be in such a big bed.Her new bed is a full size bed and it just about swallows her.It's actually the bed I had throughout high school.That's what made it even crazier.

Anyway! We were a little nervous about doing this because she could get up and not stay in her room. (she is very stubborn to say the least.she must get that from her dad) Ryann also does not sleep in her bed all the way through the night nor does she fall asleep in her bed. She has to fall asleep in our bed and we put her in her bed once she's asleep. (and we are not the type who lets our kids sleep with us) Then around 3am you hear her screaming like she's getting beat and she is in our bed AGAIN.

We get home tonight and the whole way home we are getting her excited to sleep in her big girl bed and to fall asleep like a big girl in her OWN bed.We decided to try to get her out of the habit of falling asleep in our bed.So I am totally prepared for crying and screaming and not wanting to stay in her bed alone.So we get her in the HUGE bed and tuck her in.She is smiling from ear to ear and is wiggling with excitement.It was SO cute. And she went to sleep without a problem.Now lets see if she stays there for the night.... that's the big test. I am so proud of her for being a big girl and inside it kills me.I am not sure if it's just because I am pregnant or I am just a baby. Oh well, I will post pics soon of her in her BIG bed.It's so cute.Sorry this story was so long.I'm not sure why I am even posting this!!

1 comment:

Janda said...

Oh Cari, prego or not this is a bitter-sweet time for moms! We can't wait for them to get a little bit bigger, be able to do a little bit more for themselves. Then you turn around and there not babies anymore! I can remember when Wyatt was out of his crib.He was only 18months, cause he figured out how to climb out. I would go in and watch him sleep in his big boy bed and just cry! Hang in there and stick to your guns, dont let her get in bed with you. You will be thankful later. love ya girl!