Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our baby!

(This is the profile)




Yesterday I had another ultra sound. It was amazing!I had one two weeks ago and the baby still just had little nubs sticking out for arms. Yesterday it had full arms and legs moving everywhere.I can't believe how fast they grow! I love seeing this baby growing inside me.Since I have been having some complications with this pregnancy I have already had 5 or 6 ultra sounds so I have really been able to see this baby grow from the very beginning when it looked like a tadpole.

Here is a little update on the complications I have had the last week... On Wednesday last week I was feeling really good, just having a relaxing day. I got up to use the bathroom which I do 50 times a day. When I stood up I looked in the toilet and there was a ton of blood. (a little graphic) I immediately panicked. I called Chase and told him I was bleeding really heavy. Thankfully he was only 5 minutes away and we went straight to the E.R. Thankfully the baby was ok. They said it was from the blood clot that I have had and hopefully it was passing and will be gone soon. The following 2 days I had the bleeding again. They put me on complete bed rest until I saw Doc Huish on Wednesday. Chase did so good at being mom and dad. I know it wasn't easy for him because it was very hard for me having him do mostly everything. Thanks babe! You're the best.

We had the ultrasound yesterday and found out the blood clot that has been causing problems finally passed and more than likely will not come back. This is such a stress reliever! I have been very stressed this pregnancy thinking I was going to lose this baby. I have never had problems with my pregnancy so this was new for me. I know prayers do get answered and I want to thank those of you who have prayed for our little GUY! Yes, I said GUY! We also found out they are 80% sure we are having a boy! I can't tell you how excited we are. Well... how excited I am. Chase wont get too excited yet because they wont be 100% sure its a boy until December 10th. He's afraid his little thing will fall off in between now and then... The lady said she has only been wrong 3 times when detecting the sex this early and its always been when she says they are girls and turn out to be boys. I'm still a little hesitant to be completely sure its a boy but the odds are pretty good. I am thrilled and I know Chase is also but he's too nervous to show it yet. Keep your fingers crossed.

7 comments:

The Garlock's said...

I'm so sorry to hear about any complications and bedrest, I'm sure thats no fun. But how exciting that they are almost sure your having a boy!!

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Candace just told me about the 80 % boy, that is exciting. we will keep our fingers crossed for chase so he will get his boy! I hope you are feeling ok, that is scary. We will keep you in our prayers. We miss you guys.

Truly and Shane said...

Fingers crossed!! Oh Cari I didn't expect to cry reading this post. Seriously brought up a huge serge of emotions and I lost it. I had a huge sub-chorionic hemmorhage twice as well. Getting ready for blood tranfussions is the scariest thing I've ever done and I too thought I was losing my babies. PRAYERS ARE MORE THAN ANSWEREED! I can't even tell you the testimony I have of prayer. I can't even tell you how happy I am that your BOY! is safe and healthy! Even if it turns out to be a girl.....it's healthy and growing right along & that's all that matters! We had to have a perinatologist fly in to research my complications and he said this: "the babies have no idea what your body is going through. They are in their own little world as happy as little clams." Doesn't that give you peace?!! Seriously Cari, my heart sank reading about the bleeding. Hang in there. After experiencing that twice, No one else will be able to understand the fear you have when you feel something and you look down or feel down there to see what color it is. Probably too much info to type but you know exactly what I'm talkng about, don't you :)
Keep taking your vitamins and maybe extra iron for your red blood cells, I'm so glad you're ok! Chase should win an award for playing mom and dad!!! that's awesome! By the way on a lighter note, the good comes from this-- you get so many ultrasounds, I love that bonus!

The Heiner's said...

Oh my gosh!!! Im so happy for you guys Cari!!!! Yay!!! Congrats! Tell Chase to get excited! :) So sorry about your complications. Were praying for you! Hope all is well!

Ali said...

Horray for little boys they are so fun and just stinkin cute. I am glad that you are doing better and what a nice guy chase is for doing that I know tyler would have a hard time.

Janda said...

Oh I love it!! I bet Gavin is going to pissed that Chase got a boy before him.:) Congrats, so exciting. Take care of yourself!

emmielou said...

Uggh, complications are no fun at all. It's just so scary. I am glad that everything is okay. How exciting that it's a boy. I bet you are so excited to find out for sure. Oh, and about your dress, sorry I never got back to you. The girl found one I guess. Thanks anyway though.