Here is whats been going on in our "exciting" lives the last few weeks. Starting a few weeks ago, just after I found out we were expecting our 3rd baby Chase had his antelope and deer hunt one after another. I was expecting him to be gone 8-11 days. No, I was not happy about this at all but for those of you who have crazy hunters in your lives you know how it is. He and his brother both got their antelopes within a few days. EXCITING! Yes, honestly I was happy for them. Then came the deer hunt. After a few days of no luck Chase decided to come home and get me to go hunting with him. We left the girls with our friends Ashlee and Eric and had a night to ourselves in the woods. It was so nice to have some time alone without the girls even though in the evening I wanted to turn around and go pick them up. I missed them but it was good for us. Anyway! So we sat in the blind that evening for like four hours. For those of you who don't know what a blind is, let me explain. Its like a mini camouflage tent with an opening in it so if you see an animal you can shoot out of the blind and they wont see you. It was on a slope of a rocky mountain and you are sitting on your butts not allowed to make a peep or you might get your head bit off. Let alone the only "animal" we saw were daddy long legs everywhere! And did you know when you smash them they stink BAD. It was the sickest smell that I have just about ever smelled... Fun! So we never saw a deer but the next morning we decided to go elk calling. It was actually very exciting. We hiked into this HUGE valley and started calling for elk. We saw and heard a ton of elk calling back to us. We headed home later that afternoon. the weather was amazing so we decided to bring the girls back for the weekend. Ashlee, Eric, and their little boy Wes came with us. It was really fun. We got back Saturday late night and then we find out Monday morning Chase has to go to Texas for work because of the hurricane. I was pretty emotional about this. I hate having him gone and he was just gone for over a week. He was gone for a little over a week in Texas when I found out I have a uterine tear and I was put on semi-bed rest. The doc said no cleaning or heavy lifting for a while. This was not easy for me when I have two babies at home and no husband. I was staying at my mom and dads so I had lots of help there but it is not easy for me at all to have people help me. I was having a hard time with the whole thing. About a week after that Chase's dad flew the girls and I to Texas to visit and relax for a while. Thanks Dan! It was so nice to have a husband and daddy back. The girls about jumped out of their skin when they saw him. And of course my camera was in my luggage so I have no pics of that but it was so sweet. We stayed there for a few days and we all flew home last night. Its nice to be home. I was at my mom and dads the entire time Chase was gone. I am a baby and wont stay alone so we were all ready to be home. I have another ultrasound on the 15th to see how everything is going. Hopefully our lives will be back to "normal" soon but we are all doing well. I will post pics of the last few weeks soon! Sorry this was so long!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
so justin and i were just sitting here reading your comment and can i just say i know how you feel. i have tried the whole "scouting" thing and it was about the experience you had . i hate when justin leaves and i always have someone stay with me too. i am soooo sorry to hear about the bed rest. i am sure everything will be fine and your baby will be perfect. its so good to hear that some one goes through the same things i do with hunting! justin wants you to post a pick of the antelope..... good to hear all is well!
You guys are so cute!! How many fun memories you are making with your girls!!
Love the pictures of them in the camo, such a Rooney grandchild:)!
Take it easy and take care of yourself and that baby. The house cleaning can wait, you dont want to have to go on full bed rest, it STINKS!! I had to do it for 10 weeks with the twins, and I thought I was going to go crazy!
Take care! Love ya guys! Janda
Cari, I am sorry about the bed rest, I had no idea, take it easy. I hope all is well.
isnt hunting the best? uh no.. atleast you will go with chase and share his hobbies.
fun I have never been hunting, I hate when tyler is gone and when it is for a long time it is even worse. Thanks for parents what would we do, that was sweet of Ash I love getaways they are so good for me and Ty.
well it sounds like u guys have been crazy busy...i hope all is well with you...bead rest is the pits, but anything we can do to keep our babys healthy right...i couldnt imagine being on bead rest with 2 other kiddos running around...thank goodness for ur parents..my dad said he ran into ur mom at church and he saw korbyn.... to bad i didnt ge to c her...its been forever... well let me know if we can do anything...i am a pretty mean cook, i could always bring a meal...i lost ur number when my phone ended up in the toilet while babysitting, so if u could give it to me that would be great..or call or text me 480-202-4126.... keep me posted on ur bed rest situation...maybe i can bring u over a good book.... havent read twilight yet, but everyone is obsesed...so maybe we should start together... rest up...and hope 2 hear from u soon...
Hey hows it going!! Its been so long since iv seen u! Since the Whitton Plumbing days!! And when u just had ur first baby!!! I hope ur doing well!! hows ur sis??!and what is she up too!!!
Post a Comment