Saturday, February 21, 2009

A crazy night and a belly pic..... warning, I am HUGE

Last night our friends Jeremy and Brooke stopped by and we had dinner.The guys decided to go get ice cream.To make a long story short Chase had put Bentlee up to the table with some rocky road ice cream and a few minutes later she starts crying hysterically.Chase brings her to me and she still can't relax.I keep asking her where her ouchie is and she points to her nose.This girl is obsessed with her nose!So I tried to calm her down a while longer and nothing helped.I decided to get a flash light and look in her nose.I could see something in there that looked like a popcorn kernel way up high in her nose.I immediately panicked!Thankfully my neighbor is a fireman and calmed me a little but not enough.I was like "Lets go! We need to go to the E.R." And of course the guys were like calm down, she's ok. We can get it out.So they tried the baby nose sucker and of course that didn't work.She was crying so hard that she could barely breathe and kept sniffling and made it go up even higher.Chase and Jeremy came up with a "bright" idea to get a shop vac and make some concoction that would suck it out of her nose with a straw.So it takes like 10 minutes to make this thing which seems like an hour and I am about to punch Chase at this point.(I was a little moody last night) There is a picture of it below.It looks a little scary just to warn you.Anyway, they got this thing made and it was time to test it out.Brooke had to hold Bentlee's head down to the floor and I had to hold the rest of her body down while they stuck this sucking straw up her nose.It actually pulled it down a little and so I looked in her nose again and saw it was a freaking almond from her ice cream!I about died.So they sucked again and there it came.I was shocked!It was a half of a almond.Her little nostril isn't even as big around as a almond!But what I was shocked about is that this little straw sucker worked!! Let me remind you I would have never done this if our friend didn't tell us she wasn't in any danger!In the end she was fine and we saved $200 since we didn't have to take her to the E.R.


The almond!

The straw sucker and concerned big sis.

She was terrified to say the least.
Poor baby.It broke my heart!


We are glad that's over.....



Here are the belly pics.These are more for me than anything.When I was pregnant with Bentlee I didn't take very many pregnancy pictures and I am sad about that now.Since I haven't had my camera forever I still don't have many of this pregnancy so I decided I better take a few.This is 28 weeks and 3 days.Yes, I am huge!




6 comments:

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

ohhh poooor baby. that is awful. way to use to vacuum boys

Laura Davis said...

Okay, you look fantastic, your belly is so cute. Congrats! Your little ones are so cute.

Janda said...

omg that is the smartest thing Ive ever seen, good job Chase!! You just shush Cari you look AWESOME!!!

Cara said...

Hey Cari,

This is Cara.. I was blog hopping and found yours. It is so fun to see pictures of your little girls. Last time I saw you i think was at my baby shower and that was almost 2 years ago. And you were prego then and i see prego again. Congrats! And a little boy! How fun. We are pregnant again too. And it is another boy for us. Maybe we will get lucky and get a girl the 3rd time. : ) Any ways it was fun to find you on here. Tell you fam I said HI!!!

The Heiner's said...

How sad! Poor thing. So glad you got it out and every thing's ok. You look so dang cute Cari! You don't know HUGE! Youre just adorable! Can't wait to see that little boy!

The Lake's said...

you are not huge! you look good and your legs look really skinny! Abby stuck a sticky hand up her nose one time and I totally panicked but luckily she sneezed so hard it ended up flying out! good thing those boys were around what a good idea! call me so we can get together with the girls sometime maybe you and chase could come over so the guys can hang out and the kids can play! 480-205-272